Submitted by students, these are internship experiences told first-hand.

Thursday, May 10, 2018

Paper Stone Scissors







My name is YuanXiao Wu and I am a Senior Graphic Design major. This summer, I searched a Graphic Design intern position for Paper Stone Scissors, which is a design agency based in
Melbourne, Australia. It also has studio in Shanghai, they work for international companies such as Hilton, Herman Miller, Adidas and other fashion, hotel companies. I’m always interested in working in a small studio, I thought I would have more opportunities and make more friends. As a graphic designer, I want to design for different kinds of company with various style, and also to develop my career experience. So I was really glad that I get this intern.

I felt so lucky that they respond me after 2 hours when I sent them resume and portfolio. Sam, who is the senior designer contacted me through email asking me for an interview. I was very nervous during the interview but I talked with confidently, I was surprised that they are very nice and friendly. It makes me want to work with them this Summer. After two months, I got accepted by Paper Stone Scissors in Shanghai. I’m also glad that I can travel back to my home country. During the first couple of days of internship, I got to know other co-workers, they helped me understand and be familiar with daily working schedule. The working schedule was very intense. I got a lot of tasks every day. I designed variety things for different company such as brand identity, website, logo and other kinds of platform. I’m glad that they trust me and gave me lots of tasks to train. My director provide me different opportunities such as visiting photo studio for a campaign and having presentation with clients. I even became friends with other co-workers, we share our stories, they told me their experience in working in a fashion magazine. Everyday was fun, excited and substantial.

I am so glad that I decided to work here this summer. I’ve learned a lot about working in a design studio. This internship also help me clearly define whether I should work in China or America.