Submitted by students, these are internship experiences told first-hand.

Friday, May 11, 2018

Gao Ge Cultural Communication Company




My name is Lei Fu and I am a junior Film/Video major. During the summer of 2017, I was an assistant and recorder of 1st assistant director in a Chinese cinema film crew. I found the job on one of the film internship website online. I was really attracted by the job so I sent my resume to them as soon as possible.

The company made one of the famous TV show in China. Its initiators were two young men with strong creativity which attracts me. My direct supervisor, Zihao Zhao, who is an apprentice of the director. He is also the 1st assistant director in this film.

During the first phase, I’m responsible for helping my supervisor’s job which includes making and
checking the props/sets(before shooting), controlling the scene and solve emergent problems on the set (during shooting). During the second phase, I am a recorder/PA, to record everything on the monitor and what director said about the scene. I’m very proud of I helped my supervisor to solve emergent problems and part of the props/sets I made for the movie. The most important thing I have learned was that I learned how to communicate with people in different departments while solving problems as cooperation, which is really helpful to my future career. I also learned and saw how did the director transfer the words(script) to visual pictures with a huge crew.

I’m glad this company gave me such great opportunity to work in this crew. It helped me to get closer to my career goal in a great extent.