Submitted by students, these are internship experiences told first-hand.

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Sean Scheidt Studio Assistant

My Name is Hannah Olson and I am a senior Photography major. While looking for an internship my roommate Sarah Deaner told me about her great experience working with Sean Scheidt and I immediately emailed him hoping to embark on a journey to have the same experience. Sean got back to me quickly, we set up a time to grab coffee and he hired me right away!


Sean is a freelance photographer who works with many great clients and is climbing quickly in his field! He worked with me teaching me every step of the way as well as always being patient with me if I didn’t understand something right away. I have learned so much working with Sean, such as how to run myself as a business and learn how to network between clients. My experience included a lot of cover shoots or spread shoots with Girls Life magazine, which were some of my favorite times working for Sean. As well as a jewelry campaign that we shot for which was very hands on and I learned a lot that day about the importance of styling, lighting, set design and more.



I am so happy that I got to work with Sean, I have learned what it means to be a freelance photographer, and despite the hardships of the job, Sean has inspired me to follow my dreams and never stop working.