Submitted by students, these are internship experiences told first-hand.

Friday, September 15, 2023

The Syndicate

 

The Syndicate is an entertainment marketing agency that focuses on musicians and comedians. They also work in radio promotion. I was working with Dismiss Yourself, an independent record label and one of the people I was working with posted a link to the internship. I applied for the position and did an interview after my application went through. My supervisor was in charge of the design department in the Syndicate. She oversaw the design team and works with the marketing team to make sure that they create compelling work that fulfils The Syndicates' and clients' criteria.

My responsibilities were to work with the design and marketing teams to create assets for their clients. we would make videos, posters, social media content, and more for multiple people. I am most proud of the video I made to promote the Guns N’ Roses Mexico tour, I was also very proud of the posters that I made for the Laugh Button Live. 


My biggest takeaway was that this would be an ideal kind of job based on my skillset and interests, but it could be potentially difficult to balance personal creative projects. The most important thing that I learned was how things work in a professional environment because I do similar work with independent labels and musicians. I learned more about how the music industry and music marketing work on a professional level. I also learned new motion techniques, such as kaleidoscope effects and lyric videos. This internship helped me to clarify my career goals by showing me how my work could be applied in a professional setting.