Submitted by students, these are internship experiences told first-hand.

Friday, September 29, 2023

Polychrome

Polychrome is an online design studio. The studio creates trend reports and fully repetitive patterns. I found out about this opportunity through an interview the founder did for a fashion podcast. I checked out their design studio and applied.

My direct supervisor was the founder of the studio. While working there, I helped with researching fashion trends through fashion websites like Vogue. I pinned pictures to Pinterest boards for different future trends and helped with creating photo mock-ups for pre-existing patterns. Another responsibility I had was creating patterns with Photoshop and Illustrator.

I feel proud of my skills in Photoshop and Illustrator, I learned many good digital tricks through this internship experience. My biggest take-away was learning how to keep everything labeled and organized; though I think I still have room for improvement. I feel one important thing about doing pattern design is staying productive, and that needs a well-planned out workflow. I also learned a lot about creating vector patterns in Illustrator how to do trend research.