Submitted by students, these are internship experiences told first-hand.

Friday, September 15, 2023

Imagine This Women's Film Festival (ITWIFF)

 

Imagine This Women's International Film Festival aims to empower women and non-binary filmmakers worldwide. They promote these great filmmakers so that more people can see women's power and provide them with educational and professional opportunities. I found this opportunity through LinkedIn. It's the first time I have tried social networking with unfamiliar people. For this internship, I did a virtual interview with my supervisor, and she told me I got the Graphic Designer position after one week.

We had a total of 4 Graphic Design interns working together. We all work through a platform called Asana. Every week we have a virtual meeting for 30 mins. Sometimes it's 1 hour. We also share our progress on different projects so we can easily get suggestions from others.


For this position, my major duties included:

Opening Credits(Typography Animation) for the 7th Annual Imagine This Women's International Film Festival
Sales for tickets Motion Graphics
Design Posters for the 8th Annual ITWIFF
Gifs that people can share in Instagram Stories
Supporting the design and creation of social share graphics

This Internship experience broadened my horizon and provided me with valuable experience in the head start of my career. And I developed many skills, not only technical skills but also communication, multi-tasks, and time management skills, which are so essential to complete your tasks on time. It's super beneficial to share ideas and thoughts with the most innovative thinkers in this organization. I was still determining my career goal, but after this experience, I found my career interest in motion graphics, so I have continued working on it. In the future, I'll keep working on the things I like, hoping to have more valuable and professional work.