Submitted by students, these are internship experiences told first-hand.

Monday, January 6, 2020

Walters Art Museum


I had already worked with the Walters Art Museum through a previous fellowship, this summer internship gave me the opportunity to turn my idea into a pilot program. The Walters Art Museum is a cultural hub in the heart of Baltimore. Located in the city’s Mount Vernon neighborhood, the Walters is free for all. The museum’s collection spans more than seven millennia, from 5,000 BCE to the 21st century, and encompasses 36,000 objects from around the world. My supervisor was the amazing Dr. Julia Marciari-Alexander, Executive Director of The Walters Art Museum.


I created a pilot IGTV program that serves as both and educational and curatorial project; the show Women & Wondersis set to premiere in 2020 to educate The Walters public on their collection while celebrating women during “The Year of the Woman”. I am most proud of taking on a project that I had little to no experience with and making it into a production that both myself and the institution can be proud of. Taking on such a big task in such a short amount of time showed me my constant ability to rise to the occasion and do let my work speak for itself; the newest skill I acquired this summer is video editing and creating a full visual-audio production. The time I spent learning about this new talent I have been able to create short videos about my developmental process in my thesis and share it with potential funders and partners. This summer has been one of great chances and even greater results.