Submitted by students, these are internship experiences told first-hand.

Thursday, May 31, 2018

Creative Capital Shanghai



My name is Hannah Meng and I am a sophomore Graphic Design major. During the summer of 2017, I was the Graphic Design intern for Creative Capital Shanghai. Creative Capital Shanghai provides everything from brand creation, storytelling, naming, visual identity to packaging design, retail design and short movie production, with a cultural twist. When I googled the design studio in Shanghai, I was attracted by their website, then I looked through all the projects and I decided to apply for the internship. Laura was my supervisor during the time I was in the design team at Creative Capital. She was a senior designer at Creative Capital.




During the internship, I have been given several projects, which include wine packaging, illustration for hair product, icon of sunglasses and baby wipes’ packaging. I will give one direction of every project, and if my design has been select from client, I will keep work on it. The thing I am most proud of is that I tried something new. After I did the illustration project, I found my interest on digital illustration. I have learned how to present your work in a professional way. It is important to show a professional and clear presentation for client, that's definitely helped a lot for my future career when I have to face my own client. Besides, I noticed sometimes it's important to listen others suggestion even he's not in the design position, cause the design have to accomplish clients and market’s needs. It's different form personal projects but I really appreciate the experience, because this internship experience makes me more clear that I want to do commercial design in a design company when I graduate, so the experience is really important for me to face the design task in the future.