Submitted by students, these are internship experiences told first-hand.

Monday, October 2, 2017

Under Armour


My name is Eric Greene Jr., and I am a rising senior Graphic Design major student. During the summer of 2014, I was a Men’s Graphic Apparel Designer Intern for Under Armour, an innovative company based in Baltimore, Maryland. I had always wanted to create logos, and apparel designs for athletes
in every sport. It’s always has been a dream for me to be watching the TV, to randomly see someone of the television wearing one of my shirts, or just when I am out and about.



After a few weeks, I got an email stating that I would have two more interviews at Under Armour main headquarters for Apparel Design, & Accessories. After the interviews, a few email exchanges, and submitting official paperwork, I got chosen to be the Men’s Apparel Design Intern. I couldn’t believe it when I got told that I would be able to do something that I truly love. I was assigned to be in Under Armour’s Summer League Program Internship. The experience that I achieved there will surely help me out in the long run. During my days there, I got to update tech packs for them to be printed in the print shops, developed logos for athletes, programs, and designed specialty shirts that would be sold in Under Armour’s Brand House Stores. I have worked on stuff for some of the top athletes that Under Armour sponsors, and even some other athletes that were considering leaving our rival companies for Under Armour.

One of the most important things that I was proud to achieve at Under Armour, was having one of my shirt designs on their website, and to have another design to be sold in Japan. When I saw someone wearing my shirt around the office, I just felt so blessed to achieve one of my goals, even as a
intern. This just goes to show how great a company Under Armour truly is. This internship helped me to see almost every department of the company, and to see which career path I would like to pursue in the future. The most important thing that I had learned over my time at Under Armour, is that it is amazing to work as a team to achieve goals, but to make sure that you discover something that you
are famous for to help achieve these goals. This has helped me to clarify my career goals, by making me become different at what I do, and how to become a more innovative individual.