Submitted by students, these are internship experiences told first-hand.

Friday, April 10, 2020

Cinema Chef Productions


I first met Cinema Chef Productions at the MICA Internship and Career Fair, where the creative director first interviewed me. There, I presented a portfolio of my work and gave out my business card. After that, I received many follow up emails and a phone interview before I secured my position as an environmental concept artist and illustrator.





Cinema Chef Productions is a small production company looking to make a name for themselves through their new animated show, Cypher Drive. My responsibilities were to create environmental concepts and then illustrate backgrounds for an animated short. I was also occasionally given the task of illustrating key frame concepts or splash art for characters.


I’m most proud of the environments I’ve textured and colored throughout the internship, I feel as if my concept of color theory and texturing has grown a great deal. Throughout my internship I learned
 the 3D program Sketch Up, how to texture and paint over 3D models, and how to work on a production team. Taking an unpaid internship can benefit you in the long run. Cinema Chef introduced me to a partnering company and secured me a freelance illustration job over the summer. 

Overall, I am very grateful for my time spent at Cinema Chef Productions and I hope that my future endeavors prove to be just as fruitful. I feel very blessed to have been given this internship opportunity and the doors it has opened up for me as well.