Submitted by students, these are internship experiences told first-hand.

Friday, March 20, 2020

Hyperakt


During my internship this summer at Hyperakt, a design studio in Brooklyn, I got the amazing opportunity to work with a passionate group of designers, strategists and developers.

The great part about Hyperakt is that they believe in the power of design for good. All the work that is done was for clients who are working towards social justice. The highlight of my internship was working on developing a brand identity for Donors Choose, a crowdfunding platform for public school teachers. My concept went onto become the final option and the entire team worked together to build a whole world around that identity. It was a huge learning experience for me to see the trajectory of the idea grow from a simple sketch through multiple renditions to the final shape it took.

Other than that, I worked on developing options for other brands like MTV Social Impact Squad, WeWork Veterans in Residence. I also worked on creating illustrations and graphics for Zealous, a conference for public defenders as well as iconography for
brand languages that have already been established. Team critiques and feedbacks were so valuable and learnt so much by creating presentations to pitch ideas to the client.

It was a pleasure being part of a team that values empathy as well as hard work.