Submitted by students, these are internship experiences told first-hand.

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Open Walls Baltimore



I am Killian Barnes. In the winter of 2011-2012 I found out my close friend Andrew Pisacanewas approached by a PNC investment banker to do a mural conferencein Baltimore. I approached Andrew if I could intern for him so I could be apart a great new thing in Baltimore. When the first artist, Over Under, made it to BWI, my job started. Throughout the course of next two months I helped orchestrate everything that wasn't actually painting the full murals. If a wall needed to be prepared. Andrew, David (another artist), and myself would prepare it. When the Portuguese Artist, Vils, needed a two story wall stuccoed for his piece, we were there to do it. Since I had a car, I was able to be the go to man for picking up and delivering paint/materials. The best part of the internship was making connections with the 20 plus artists from around the world. We brought them here, took care of them, and showed them a great time. If I am ever to travel to Italy, Argentina,Arizona, etc. I have a place to stay. A lot of art is meeting the right people, and thats what Open Walls Baltimore taught me.