Submitted by students, these are internship experiences told first-hand.

Friday, October 20, 2023

Wray Ward

When searching for a summer internship in the United States, I knew I was going to be staying in North Carolina. I was looking to work for a marketing agency, so I found one in the area and applied to Wray Ward’s FORM internship. FORM is a paid, 10-week, full-time summer internship where you’ll work on real projects with eight other interns. I was accepted into the program and I had a great host family let me stay with them for the duration of the internship. 


Wray Ward is a full-service agency creating inspired marketing solutions for brands in the home and building categories based in Charlotte, NC. My direct supervisor during my time there was a motion and design director at the agency.


My responsibilities at the agency were to help with my assigned department’s projects. I created short logo animations and primarily created promotional videos for a non-profit visual arts organization called Charlotte Art League. For our campaign with Charlotte Art League, we created a marketing communications plan and a visual campaign to increase awareness in the Charlotte area and effectively communicate everything Charlotte Art League does and offers. We also created videos for this campaign. As a videography intern, I was mainly in charge of these.


I am proud that I was able to work on real client projects for this internship. My biggest takeaway would be how to work in a team. We had a total of nine interns, and we often had to collaborate. I learned how to better communicate within the group and manage my time. Additionally, I learned how to set up lighting and use Premiere Pro at the internship.


Through this internship, I have become more confident but also realize that I need more experience in marketing agencies and design studios to achieve my long-term goal. One day, I want to create my own successful design company in Korea.