Thursday, October 20, 2016

Ivanka Trump

My name is MacKenzie Schroeder and I am a senior Graphic Design major. During the Summer of 2016, I was a graphic design Intern for Ivanka Trump, a fashion and lifestyle brand operating out of New York. I was thrilled to have the opportunity to work so closely with Ivanka’s in-house creative team which is composed of Art Director, Katie Evans, and Graphic Designer, Lizzie Tonkin. I knew that Ivanka Trump offered Graphic Design internships because other MICA students had previously interned with the brand.

I contacted Lizzie during the spring semester of 2016 and was able to set up a Skype interview with both her and Katie. I was offered the internship that very same day! Katie and Lizzie even put the phone conversation in which I accepted the offer on the Ivanka Trump Snapchat. Between May and August, I officially became an honorary member of the team behind Ivanka Trump’s namesake brand. I assisted Katie and Lizzie in the development of a variety of digital content for IvankaTrump.com and the brand’s corresponding social media channels. This ranged from creating illustrations, typographic assets, and original graphics to participating in the implementation of various photo and video shoots.


I consider myself very lucky to have been a part of #TeamIvanka during such an exciting and transformative summer. I really appreciated getting to know so many amazing women (some of whom have previously worked for brands like Kate Spade, Diane Von Furstenberg, and Gap) and gaining a better understanding of their roles within the company.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.