Thursday, July 28, 2016

Globe Collection and Press

My name is Natalia Arias and I am a junior Graphic Design major with concentrations in Illustration and Video/Film Arts at Maryland Institute College of Art (MICA). During the Fall 2014 semester, I had the pleasure of being an intern at Globe Collection and Press based in the great city of Baltimore, MD. It was a shifting kaleidoscope of experience. I learned about and researched Globe’s rich history which is filled with deep roots in the disciplines of music and pop culture!

My time at Globe Collection and Press has been filled with nothing but valuable and unforgettable experiences. I gained immense knowledge of letterpress and screenprinting processes, set type and created forms, and assisted in printing and embossing posters for the Hello Kitty Con in Los Angeles, California and Typography I workshops held at MICA. Towards the end of the internship, preparing an being a studio monitor was a position that I took very seriously as I always made sure to be on time, oversaw the students who were printing and the presses themselves, and cleaned the entire studio upon departure. I also printed, assembled, and designed sketchbooks and coasters for MICA’s upcoming Art Market event!

As an individual, I have grown professionally and have truly evolved as an artist. I am looking forward to the rest of my MICA career as I will be “a friend of Globe” even after I graduate, providing unfaltering support for many years to come. I have never been more focused and my goals have never been more clearly defined as I plan to integrate my new skills and working methods into my current way of working for senior thesis next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.